Thursday 29 September 2011

HELP!!! Decide for me.....

Ok...Have you ever been in a crossroad? Forced to make a decision that might change your life? How do you know the choice you made IS the right one? What if you made a mistake? Can you still go back and un-do it? I guess if you're SUPERMAN, maybe you can change it.. turn-back time and all.... or if you got some-sort of time machine..GREAT!! but since i'm just an ordinary girl next door... I know i couldn't NEVER un-do it...no matter how hard i try. I'm simply impossible.. SO... how to decide???

Adrian Jalaludin & Kavin Jay 
Anyone with any suggestions? Well...basically the situation is THIS: 

  1. i'm working... i got commitments (car loan, personal loan, study loan, phone bill) to settle
  2. i'm earning average..that if i don't plan my expenses, i end up 'tight' for the month
  3. my husband wants to quit his 'day-job' to focus on his "comedy future" (inconsistent pay)
  4. He's considering quitting as he's been offered a position as a 'presenter' in some FOOTBALL programme in ASTRO (it only pays half as his current day job)
  5. He assures me that his other "freelance" emcee job or standup comedy shows would make up for the lost amount ( i would like to agree)
  6. He got commitments too (car loan, house loan, phone&internet bill, maintenance bill)
  7. Both of us travel an hour to get to our jobs (traveling expenses)
  8. He believes that with his ASTRO opportunity, there would be more "recognition" meaning becoming famous meaning more opportunities (maybe)
  9. In the meantime, based on previous experience (once before in 2010 when he got retrenched) he also tried  the full-time comedy thing which was more difficult than said (Feb-July no shows-apparently it's low tide) 
Ok...now tell me .... what would be the best advice to give? I mean i understand about ambition more than anyone else as i have ambitions too. I definitely don't want to stand in the way of my husband's recognition and fame. But judging from the previous experience it back-fired!! That there were months he got no shows at all... then we depended on my salary...(which isn't as much to cover the entire family). Right now, things seems to look better... but i can't pretend what happened, didn't happen.. Or the fact that i'm traumatized... I don't want to ever go back to that feeling of insecurity... Its horrible!!! The un-known...

SO HELP ME DECIDE FOR ME..!!! Should my husband Quit his job or stay???? 


No comments:

Post a Comment